Friday, January 24, 2014

My Robot

For my 20% project I have decided to design a robot. I have christened it SABER, or Semi-Autonomous Bio-mechanically Engineered Robot. My idea is do design a robot with a humanoid torso yet a tracked mobility system. Tracks, or "Tank Treads", were chosen over a humanoid bipedal like system due to the simpler nature of the former and the technological complications of the later. The torso however will be designed to mimic the bio-mechanical movements of a human torso and arms, hence the "bio-mechanically engineered" in the name. I will design the robot using Solidworks, a professional 3D design software I have used for robotics and NASA work in the past. Every week I intend to post parts of the robot I have designed or conceptualized, culminating with a complete robot design that I will unveil near the end of the school year. Stay tuned.

- A. Hallberg

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first blog post and knowing your focus! Don't forget to publish a valid image each week. How will you work on this during our 20% time in class? Will you have access to these materials on-campus? How much time do you think this will take?

    ReplyDelete